Friday, June 11, 2010

Meet Asti

Asti is a 20+ male timneh african grey. His previous owners loved him very much, but were afraid of him, so he didn't come out of his cage very often.He has a very sweet personality, though he can understandably be a bit cage-aggressive at times. We are working on that!

He likes coming out of his cage, though it's still a little scary for him. In no time, we suspect he'll be begging to come out of his cage -- you can just see the inquisitiveness and intelligence in his eyes!
He is very interested in me. I may be fooling myself, but I think he might have made the kiss sound toward me at around 10 seconds in the video:


Asti is not yet up for adoption, as we want to make sure he's healthy and ready to go. African greys surrendered to us frequently have low calcium levels, for example.

No comments: