Friday, November 02, 2012

New Umbrella Cockatoo at CARE

Today is supposed to be my day off, but I got a call from one of our shelter partners that a cockatoo was being surrendered to them.  We are not taking cockatoos at this time, due to having too many in-house.  However, when they told me the story of how this bird is plucked and bleeding, I knew we had to take him in.  So I went and picked him up.  OMG, supposedly he's only 5 years old.  He's an Umbrella, fuzzy (has very few feathers) and the insides of his wings are all dried blood.  He's scared and kind of catatonic, so we're trying to leave him alone in a quieter environment.  Obviously we will get him in to the vet early next week.  This is going to be a difficult case for sure.  His name is Zeus, and we'll try to get pics tomorrow.

No comments: