Monday, February 25, 2013

I Can't Believe I Have to Write This...

I can't even believe I have to write an entry like this.  In mid-January, we had to ask one of our long-term volunteers to leave for a laundry list of reasons.  It has come to my attention that, although she tried to split up our cohesive group of volunteers, and that didn't work, she is spreading half-truths and outright lies to other people in the bird world, including some of our customers.  Many of you know me and know that I have been involved in animal welfare since 1989 and started this group in 1996.  My whole life is spent rescuing birds and dogs.  So, if you hear anything about me personally or about CARE that doesn't sound right to you, please let me know.  Every once in a while this kind of situation happens, and frankly, with the two confiscations this month and the usual routine in the life of a rescuer, I don't have time to deal with it, so today I have retained an attorney to nip this in the bud.  Thanks to all of you who support CARE and me.  Lori Drew

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...that's just...wow... *shakes head*