Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Perky -- another happy story

What a wonderful week we've had in terms of updates from parrots we've placed! Perky is a sulfur-crested cockatoo that was particularly challenging to place. He had severe aggression issues and we needed to find exactly the right home for him. This was a case where the bird really needed to pick his person instead of the other way around.

Perky made a good choice, as the person he picked was interested in adopting him!

Here is an update we recently received, along with this picture:

As I am E-mailing, Perky is in the cage right next to me. He is doing fantastic! He is so soft and fluffy now; remember how he had no downys at all before?

He and my Congo African Grey talk back and forth. I have never put them together as I do not want to risk any physical aggression between the two, but they like being side by side in their cages. One of their more humorous interactions comes when my CAG says, "What's your name?" and he replies "Perky Bird!" They also exchange a lot of hellos (what polite and gracious parrots I have!).

He is out with me most of the day when I am home. I'm still trying to figure him out and what triggers his screaming. But, from what I hear about Toos, it's just something they do. And I'm lucky because he doesn't do it that much, just occasionally.

He'll also yell, "Bye Bye!" and I really think it's when he wants to be alone.

No comments: