Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Globe University East Campus Madison

Every quarter, I teach a class at Globe University East Campus in Madison. Today was the day. The class is on handling birds for physical examination, grooming (nails and wings) and positioning for radiographs. I love doing it. We had seven women and one man in class today and it was the best class ever. No one was afraid and everyone jumped right in to learn. I didn't even have to gown up for radiology - the students did it all. I took Joey, my U2, Daisy our resident Yellow-Fronted Amazon, Ivy our resident Lineolated Parakeet and Jessica, our naked little Congo African Grey who is up for adoption (hint hint). They were all on their best behavior and even let us show the students things like blood feathers. Love the education part of CARE and love seeing the enthusiasm of the students, who will be our next generation of Veterinary Technicians and Technologists.

No comments: