Monday, October 22, 2012

Saturday's Events

Saturday morning Mary and I drove down to Whitewater for M.E. & My Pet's Annual Open House.  Eric and  Mary are good friends of mine, foster for Wis. Chihuahua Rescue, which is my second favorite rescue group, and have donated for years to CARE.  We spend the day talking with customers and helping them find what they need.  The proceeds from the donation table are then split between CARE and Lakeland Animal Shelter.  It's always a good time.  We were there til 2:30 then headed back to CARE.  Got back, took my dogs out and headed down to Bay View Bark for their halloween party.  Was there til 9 - by this time I'm getting a little tired - but still had a blast.  So many animal people together at once - it was really a fun time.  Got the word out about CARE to many, many new people on Saturday.

No comments: