Sunday, October 28, 2012

No More Homeless Pets Conference

Just got back from the 2012 No More Homeless Pets Conference today. 2-1/2 days packed with seminars and exhibits. I did not take a computer with me, as this conference is also my annual "vacation". I learned alot and am hoping to be able to use things I learned for both the birds and the dogs. Am especially excited about the photo/video class I took. I actually understood it! So, anyway, yesterday here at CARE four birds went home and two came in. Jabber and China, two cockatiels that came to us from another shelter, went home to two different homes. Elvis the U2 and Millie the Maximilian's Pionus also went to their new homes. We took in two cockatiels from another shelter in the western part of the state. I missed saying goodbye to Elvis, whom I had grown to love, but I wish him well and hopefully he'll come back to visit us sometime in the future. Have a great night everyone!

No comments: