Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meet Rex

Just a warning: I may gush a little on this post, but I cannot help myself where Rex is concerned! Rex is an approximately 5 year old quaker parakeet. As you can see, his chest is plucked, and his feathers will likely not grow back. When I went to take a picture of him in his cage, he ran to the front of his cage and kept putting his foot up, a clear sign he wanted to come out. Quakers are notoriously cage-aggressive, but not Rex!I took Rex out and was in for a treat. He is extremely personable. He talks (though some of it in unintelligible). He particularly loves to tell us what a good boy he is!
He also joins in the laughter and wants to be a part of the action.

I do not understand how anyone could have surrendered Rex! He is so delightful and will fill his new home with joy, love, and laughter.


If he were fully feathered, he'd probably be adopted out this week; unfortunately, plucked birds tend to take longer to find a home. That's a real shame, as Rex is so delightful! If you have room in your home and heart for Rex and can look past his plucked exterior, stop by to meet him. He's a treat!

No comments: